SUBJECT: Urgent Advisory - Protecting our Companions from Infectious Disease Outbreak
Dear Valued Clients, Given the recent emergence of a novel canine illness colloquially known as "strep zoo" across the daycare and boarding industry, we feel it necessary to keep you informed and ask for your cooperation to safeguard the health of our beloved pets. Instances of this disease have been reported in our state, urging us to take prudent precautions.
1. While attending group training or visiting grooming salons or vets, ensure your dog maintains distance from others. Stay informed about potential exposures at these places.
2. If your dog is interacting or will interact with other dogs at family gatherings or play dates, keep abreast of any potential exposures from other pet owners.
3. In the three weeks leading up to your dog's booking at Farmhouse Pet Resort (FHPR), please avoid taking your dog to dog parks (even if vacant), busy pet stores, other daycare/boarding facilities, and refrain from using "pack walker" or multi-dog walking services. This guideline applies continuously for daycare dogs.
At FHPR, we have fortunately not witnessed signs of this illness. We are taking proactive measures to hopefully prevent its occurrence here and continue to meet our clients' needs.
• How can I protect my dog? Limit your dog's interaction with other canines and places they frequent until this situation improves. Discuss possible vaccination options with your vet if you're interested.
• What are the symptoms? Symptoms include coughing, runny nose, sneezing, discharge from eyes or nose, unusual tiredness, and negative tests for common respiratory illnesses.
• What action should I take if my dog or dogs my pet has interacted with show signs of this illness? Reach out to your vet immediately. Kindly refrain from bringing your dog for daycare or boarding until your vet confirms they are healthy.
It is crucial that we all stay vigilant, communicate effectively, and limit possible exposures so that our boarding services can remain available for you and others during the festive season.
Please note: dogs exhibiting signs of contagious illness at FHPR will need to be collected immediately. Ensure your emergency contact information is up to date, including someone available during your travel times.
Your partnership in preserving the health and safety of all our farmhouse guests is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Farmhouse Pet Resort Management